We build websites and products for great causes.* And we need a good egg.
We are seeking an experienced client-facing UX producer to work on website and app projects. Right now we have a great project to start ASAP that focuses on civic conflict resolution.
You are a curious and ambitious UX Designer, excited to play a leading role in a growing agency that focuses on mission-based non-profit organizations.
You are strong in learning client goals, establishing audience needs, and crafting messaging, branding and user flows to further clients’ causes.
You are a relentless problem-solver who loves to clear bottlenecks, improve systems, and drive aggressively toward your goals. You thrive while juggling a variety of projects and enjoy open collaboration with your clients and your production team.
- Collaborate with the team to understand the needs of our clients and translate them into UX designs.
- Develop user flows, journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Conduct user research, persona development, and usability testing to refine and validate designs.
- Leverage and contribute to the evolution of our UX/UI design systems.
- Facilitate and document design discussions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with UI designers and developers to ensure the successful implementation of the design vision.
- Promote a culture of empathy for the end-user, in line with our client’s mission-based focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in UX design for digital products.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- Proficiency in UX design software like Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar.
- Experience with user research methods and usability testing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams.
- Passion for making a difference through the work you produce.
- Experience working with non-profits and understanding of their unique needs is a plus.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work on projects that truly make a difference.
- Contract to Hire to start
- Competitive hourly rate
- A transition to a full-time role in our small organization is possible for the right candidate.
- Generous benefits package developed for full-time roles and a company culture that values excellence, impact, and also work-life balance.
If you are passionate about using your design skills to positively impact the world, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and a brief description of why you’re interested in this role and how you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Viv Web Solutions is a small and growing design and development agency focused on honing great craft and elevating great causes.
We take every new project as an opportunity to keep iterating toward excellence — upping our game in design, functionality, and the leanness of our processes. We are proud of consistently finding the most strategic solutions to advance the missions of our clients, about 85% of whom are non-profits — from national advocacy organizations to world-class universities. Causes we have supported with our work include: progressive political candidates, public health, climate change mitigation, civic engagement, voter turn-out, local journalism, and education. We have also built sites for publications and for resource libraries. We are developing a resource library solution and protocols for health communications materials, supporting the public health field.
A significant amount of our work also may over time come from Colleges and Universities, as our sister company is Viv Higher Education. (Vivhied.com)
Our partially-distributed team includes a creative director, marketer, graphic designers, WordPress front-end and back-end developers, and auxiliary talent brought in on a per-project basis, such as copywriters and photographers. We’re looking for someone to be in the center of the action and own the success of our projects.
*And this cobbler’s son needs new shoes. For 2016 I think we did a pretty good job for this site…