Two Most Important Actions Non-Profits Should Take Post #GivingTuesday
Now that #GivingTuesday has come and gone, it’s critical that non-profit organizations, who actively ran campaigns encouraging prospective donors to give that day, take the following two actions:
#1: Say “thank you”:
- Capitalize on all the various communications platforms your organization uses, such as social media, your website, and e-newsletter, to repeat your message of thanks — reinforcing your gratitude and ensuring it is seen by appropriate audiences.
#2: Share your successes:
- As soon as the figures are available, but ideally within a week of #GivingTuesday, share the actual dollar amount you were hoping to achieve in donations, and the percentage of goal attained:
- “We had hoped for $500,000 in donations on #GivingTuesday and are thrilled to report that we met and exceeded that goal by 10%.”
- “While we had set a #GivingTuesdsay goal of $25,000, donations totaled only 75% of that; we hope to make up that difference through our year-end giving campaign, and ask for your help.”
- As expressed in our “Let GivingTuesday Donors Know Where Their $ Will Go” post, share how donation $$ will be spent.
All of the above should position your organization well to ask for and receive both year-end 2017 and #GivingTuesday 2018 donations.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!