Instantly convert your Google® Form into a printable paper-based survey.
If you’ve ever wished that you could print out the Google® Form you just created so that people could fill it out “the old-fashioned way” with pencil and paper, then this is the tool you’ve been waiting for. In seconds, it will convert your live Google Form into an Adobe PDF file perfect for printing and saving to your local computer. Legal Disclaimer
- Ensure your Google Form is shared with the public (You can always un-share it after you create your paper version).
- Visit the live form, then highlight the URL in your browser’s address bar.
( Working example: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OXbEtCWxbbuitxDjS42COZnTcMlIS2NLZIB8WlKBQTs/viewform?formkey=dGEzQTMwOEhzUjZGYW03alJuTnFSNkE6MQ )
- Copy the URL, then paste it into the text box below.
- Pay a small fee to remove the watermark, or get unlimited access.
It’s frustrating: Google® Forms just don’t work as printed surveys. But sometimes, you might not be near a computer, or you might need to have 50 people simultaneously fill out your form, like in a class or at a public event.
Before the days of this wonderful tool, you would have to do one of two things:
- Create the form AGAIN in Word or in some other common word processing program. Well, that kind of defeats the point of using Google® Forms in the first place — that it is fast and easy. Now, you’re doing double duty just to make that “perfect” Google® Form usable on paper.
- Put everyone on a computer. This is fine for situations where you are emailing a link to your form to an email list. But what if you are with participants in person, and you need them to fill out your form? What if there is a large number of participants? Are you going to bring a computer for each person? Or make the whole room wait in line for the one or two computers you might have available?
Features & Limitations
Google® Paper Forms will work the following magic:
- Space out labels and form fields
- Replace form fields with simple lines as participants expect
- Explode multiple-choice fields so users can see all choices and circle one.
- Prints out page numbers and ensures each question fully clears each page break.
- Google Forms must be on one page. Multiple-page Google Forms (those containing a “continue” button on the bottom of each web page) are not supported.
- Only the Plain Theme is supported. Converting any other theme may result in a distorted or unusable print form.